Welcome to Readers Restaurant. Purveyors of fine food since 1997
The oldest house in Church Street, Tulbagh, was built in 1754 for the ?Reader? or ?sick comforter? of the community.
In June 1997 Readers opened its doors to the public for the first time. Offering simple, yet outstanding local and global cuisine, Reader?s has been able to maintain a standard of excellence that has created a notable reputation with both locals and tourists.
The cuisine varies on a daily basis depending on the availability of fresh produce.
This provides Carol Collins ? Silwood trained Cordon Bleu Chef -a certain challenge in ensuring the creation of dishes using imagination, flair and superb presentation. Certain dishes have become trademarks at Readers but the focus remains on variety, fusion of flavours and combination of unusual ingredients.
Readers Services include: